The Logos Remote Research Library is an extensive library of theological resources. It has high quality commentaries, journal articles, books and more to help you complete your research papers and assignments. If your institution subscribed on your behalf through Educative Tech, they now have a number of seats or spots available for you in the library. You can think of these seats like seats in a computer lab wherein you can book days on which you would like access to the library and use any of its resources. This guide will explain how to create a booking to access the resources.
- Navigate to your account menu in Canvas, and then click on “Access Logos Library “.
2. This will take you to the Logos Library Access Manager and, if it is the very first time that you use the Logos Bible App, you will first need to create an account with Logos (referred to as a Faithlife account, since Faithlife is the company who develops Logos). Do this by clicking on the “Logos – Sign In”, as shown below:
3. On the Logos Web App Sign In page you will be able to create a Logos account if you do not yet have one. Click on the “Create account” button and follow the instructions. Be sure to use the same email address you use with Canvas and save your password – you will need it again later.
4. Now you can go back to the access manager on your institution’s Canvas to authorise the app to access your Logos/Faithlife account and give you access to the library. To do so click on the red “authorise” button at the top right of the screen.
5. Type in with your Canvas email and password you used to create your logos account earlier and click “Authorise.”
If you are already signed in you can just click “Authorise.”
6. Now you will be able to book a slot in the Logos Library by (1.) clicking on the date window (a date picker dialog will open), (2.) clicking on the date you want to book on and (3.) then clicking on the blue “Create” button.
Your booking should now appear at the top of the bookings list, as shown in the image, and you have the option on clicking “Cancel” if you would like to reschedule your slot.
Note: It will take about 10 minutes for a booking on the same day to be activated. Behind the scenes the system will add you to this group on faithlife.com which will give you access to the library as long as you are a member of the group.
7. Now that you have been added to the Educative Tech Faithlife group, you can go back to the Logos Web App Sign In page (as in step 2.) and sign in with your Canvas email and the password which you created in step 3. Here you will now be able to view and use all the resources. The resources can also be accessed in the Logos app for Android or IOS smartphones.
You will have access to the library for at least the full day on which you booked. However, on a following day, if someone else books in your place in the library, you will be removed from the Educative Tech Faithlife group, and the resources will no longer be available in your Logos account. You will have to follow steps 6 and 7 again to book again and regain access to the resources. Nevertheless, if your seat is still available on the following day your access will continue, and you will be able to see if this is the case by logging into the Logos web app (link at the top right of the Logos Library Access Manager) and seeing if the Remote Research Library resources are still there or not.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to use the Logos Bible Software desktop App for Microsoft Windows or Apple macOS with the Remote Resource Library’s resources be aware of the following: The software will download and index all the resources from the Remote Resource Library (mote than 10 Gb) the first time you open the software after you have booked. Therefore, make sure you are connected to an uncapped internet connection before doing so. However, if someone books in your place, your library access is removed and you open the desktop software again it will delete all these resources again. Consequently, always make sure you have a booking in the library before opening the desktop software (it cannot delete the resources unless it is open). Alternatively, stick to using Logos web app, as shown in this guide.
We hope this guide was helpful to you. If you need any further help feel free to contact us through your Canvas help menu or by sending a message through this website.