The Logos Remote Research Library is a library with a diverse selection of theological resources. It has high quality commentaries, journal articles, books and more to help you delve deeper in God’s word. If your institution subscribed on your behalf through Educative Tech, they now have a number of seats or spots available for you in the library. You can think of these seats like seats in a computer lab wherein you can book days on which you would like access to the library and use any of its resources. This guide will explain how to create a booking to access the resources.
- Navigate to your account menu in Canvas, and then click on “Access Logos Library “.
2. This will take you to the Logos Library Access Manager and, if it is the very first time that you use the Logos Bible App, you will first need to create an account with Logos (referred to as a Faithlife account, since Faithlife is the company who develops Logos). Do this by clicking on the “Logos – Sign In”, as shown below:
3. On the Logos Web App Sign In page you will be able to create a Logos account if you do not yet have one. Click on the “Create account” button and follow the instructions. Remember or save your password in a secure way – you will need it again later.
4. Now you can go back to the access manager on your institution’s Canvas to create a booking in the app to access your Logos/Faithlife account and give you access to the library. To do so click on the calendar button (“1” in the screenshot below) and select the date you want to book (2). When you have selected the date click “Create” (3). You can book for today and get access within 10 minutes if there are spots available.
5. Once you have clicked “Create,” a booking should appear in the App showing the date of the booking, the spots in the library still available and the buttons “Accept Booking” or “Cancel.” If you are happy with your booking click on “Accept Booking.”
Note: This button will only appear on the day of the booking if it is a future booking.
You will then be taken to a page where you can log into your Logos account which will allow the app to manage your access to the library. Type your Logos Bible Software username and password and click “Sign in.” If you cannot remember your password, use the “Forgot password?” link.
6. On the day you booked and accepted your booking, or within 10 minutes after making a booking on the same day, you will be able to click on the “Logos – Sign In” again to visit the online Logos Bible Software app and use the resources. If you are not signed in at the time you can click on the “Sign In” button to sign into the web app and follow a similar procedure to step 5 above.
Important: Remember that you need to accept the booking on the day of your booking before you will have access to the resources. To do so, follow the instructions in step 5 above.
7. To check if you have access to the resources, click on the bookshelf icon and then look for a grey number in the search bar. If that number now includes an additional 2700+ resources over and above what you used to have you probably have access. If you have access to fewer resources than 2700 you do not have access.
Note: It may take up to 10 minutes for a booking on the same day to be activated. Behind the scenes the system will add you to this group on faithlife.com which will give you access to the library as long as you are a member of the group.
Note 2: If you don’t get access after waiting more than 10 minutes, verify that the email address you used to accept your booking is the same one you are using to log into Logos Bible Software. If you still don’t have access you can contact us through the Canvas help menu or the contact details provided on the Logos Library Access Manager page.
You will have access to the library at least until midnight on the day for which you have booking. However, after that, if someone else books in your place in the library, you will be removed from the Educative Tech Faithlife group, and the resources will no longer be available in your Logos account. You will have to follow steps 4 and 5 again to book again and regain access to the resources.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You are welcome to use the Logos Bible Software desktop App for Microsoft Windows or Apple macOS with the Remote Research Library’s resources be aware of the following: The software will download and index all the resources from the Remote Resource Library (mote than 10 Gb) the first time you open the software after you have booked. Therefore, make sure you are connected to an good internet connection before doing so. However, if someone books in your place, your library access is removed and you open the desktop software again it will delete all these resources. Consequently, always make sure you have a booking in the library before opening the desktop software (it cannot delete the resources unless it is open). Alternatively, stick to using Logos web app, as shown in this guide.
We hope this guide was helpful to you. If you need any further help feel free to contact us through your Canvas help menu or by sending a message using the contact details on this page.